Admissibility of HRA in the event of non-acceptance or surrender of railway residential accommodation
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
The General Manager,
All Indian Railways/PUs, NF(Con), CORE
The DG/RDSO/Lucknow, DG/NAIR/Vadodara
CA0s,DMW/Patia1a, WPO/Patna, COFMOW/NDLS, RWP/Bela, CAO/IROAF
Sub: Admissibility of House Rent Allowance (HRA) in the event of non-acceptance or surrender of railway residential accommodation.
(1) Department of Expenditures, MoFs 0M No.2/5/2017-E.IIB dated 05.03.2019
(2) Rai1way Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-87/HRA-15, dated 16.5.1988
(3) Rai1way Board’s No.E(P&A)II-95/HRA-3, dated 14.02.1996
(4) Rai1way Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-99/HRA-2, dated 12.07.1999 & 16.03.2000
(5) Rai1way Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-2002/HRA-4, dated 16.10.2002 & 09.05.2003
(6) Rai1way Board’s No.E(P&A)II-2010/HRA-2, dated 08.12.2010
(7) Rai1way Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-2017/HRA-3, dated 15.01.2018
With reference to Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance’s Office Memorandum at (I) & other Railway Board’s references above, Board (MS, FC & CRB) have approved the following:
- For other than those Railway employees (officers and staff) for whom accommodation is specially earmarked and whose occupation of railway quarter is essential for easy accessibility during emergencies, efficient discharge of their duties, et., the condition of Applying for Government Accommodation and furnishing of ‘No Accommodation Certificate’ by Employees to become eligible for HRA may be dispensed with and Department of Expenditure. MoF’s letter under reference may be made applicable Mutatis Mutandis is for such categories of Railway employees.
- Railway accommodation so vacated may be allotted to other employees of the same pool or other pool or Essential category employees by changing the pool, if required, by the Zonal Railway. The Quarter-allotment Authority shall promptly take necessary action in this regard.
- Other extant instructions/guidelines issued from Board on the subject shall remain unchanged as modified from time to time.
Department of Expenditure, MoF’s letter under ref. (1) is enclosed for ready reference.
This issues with the concurrence of Associate Finance of Transformation Cell Of Railway
Kindly acknowledge the receipt and ensure compliance.